Auditions are coming up quickly for the 2019-2020 school year! We compiled a FAQ list for any questions you may have. If you have more questions, please feel free to reach out through our Contact tab.
1. What do you guys do? Gold Vibrations has a hefty to-do list from year to year. Throughout the year, we will perform at gigs, go on a retreat, put on a fall and spring concert, do fundraisers, and compete in ICCA - the International Championship of Collegiate A Cappella.
2. When/where are auditions this year? Open auditions are going to be September 10-12th, 6-10 p.m, in room 230 in Varner Hall. Callbacks are done by invitation only, and those will be held Friday, Sept 13th starting at 5:00 p.m
3. What do auditions look like? For our auditions, you'll come into a room by yourself (we will be in the only other people in the room), briefly introduce yourself, and sing a verse and a chorus of whatever song you feel comfortable singing. That's all! Very quick and easy. Once you get to auditions there'll be a sign up list, and that's the order we'll go in. Your audition shouldn't take longer than 4-5 minutes at most.
4. What should I sing for auditions? Please sing whatever you feel comfortable singing! It can be pop, broadway, country - whatever makes you feel the most comfortable and confident. If you're also auditioning as a vocal percussionist, it's recommended you have something to sing in addition to your beat boxing sample. Getting a feel for your range may be helpful, but there's absolutely no pressure to come in and belt your face off.
5. How often do you audition new members? We only have auditions for new members at the beginning of the year - aka, this will be the only time to audition for Gold Vibrations 2017-2018. If there's a conflict with the audition days, please reach out to us ASAP. On the occasion that an existing member should drop or a spot should open up, we will reach out to previous auditionees on an individual basis.
6. When do you guys rehearse? We rehearse Sundays and Thursdays from 7-9 pm.
7. I have a conflict with rehearsal days. Should I still audition? YES! Please come audition regardless of your availability. This is a decision that, if at all, would come into play while we make our final cut. You can also talk to us about this one on one.
8. Will there be free food at auditions? Absolutely.
9. Is there something I can listen to to see if this is a group I want to be a part of? There sure is! Check out our EP, Ignite, on Spotify and Apple Music. You can also find many of our performances on our Youtube page.